Choosing The Right Elevator
Elevators have become increasingly popular over the last few years due to a huge increase in the number of multi story buildings. Many people don’t, however, have much knowledge about the options they have when it comes to elevators, so when they are in a situation where they need to buy one, it can become a little overwhelming. It is important to choose an elevator that combines good design with one that meets standard technical specifications.
At FUJI HITECH, we are happy to say we can help you in identifying the right elevator for your building. Technology has improved so much that are a variety of options for each kind of building. The different types of elevators available in the market include geared traction machine and gear-less traction machine.
It is important for anyone who wants to buy an elevator to gather as much information as possible about the various models available. Here are some important points to consider when buying an elevator for your building:
- Elevator size and load capacity – The standard size of opening many elevators is 800 mm by 1100 mm although they are also available on bigger sizes. It is important to consider the possibility of the elevator carrying special equipment such as wheelchairs though as this will require more weight capacity. In buildings with little traffic, a load capacity of 630 kgs is enough to transport heavy items from one floor to another.
- Consider potential safety risks- Sufficient safety measures need to be taken to reduce the probability of accidents occurring. The important safety options that should not be ignored include the installation of an alarm system, in-cab telephone, power failure backup and a slack chain brake system.
- The elevators drive system – The most popular drive systems for home elevators are the winding drum, broke hydraulic and gear list. A modern winding drum elevator requires a very small machine room if any whist a counterweight chain drive elevator may not require a machine room at all.
- Price of the elevator -It is important to consider prices as well. Elevators range from luxury ones to the more economically priced ones. It is important to analyze the entire cost of the elevator from purchase to installation and maintenance.
- Warranty options; it is important to buy elevator from a manufacture who offers a good warranty period.
- The elevator model – There are many different models available in the market from various different manufacturers. Consider a model that best suits the designs of your building.
So now you know what needs to be considered before purchasing your elevator. At Vertechs, we can happily discuss the options with you and help you come to the right decision. We won’t rush you into something that isn’t right, and we want you to be well informed about your choices. So if you’re looking for honest professional advice, alongside great service and installations, then why not speak to one of our friendly team today, to discuss your options.